I love cornbread with soup, chili or just warm with butter! My husband and I have been eating a ketoish lifestyle for a while now and love trying out new recipes that take traditional comfort foods and make a healthier version of them. This is one of those “holy cow, that good” recipes.
This recipe takes takes just a few minutes to put together and cooks in about 25 minutes. The ingredients are not stuff you would routinely have in your pantry so you will have to plan ahead the first time around. Trust me, it is worth it!
I got this recipe from Neishalovesit.com/blog. Neisha Salas-Berry is an RN and her husband Ken D. Berry is an MD. They have great information and great recipes.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons Pork Panko (you can make your own by crunching up pork rinds or I use Pork Panko found on Amazon)
- 4 teaspoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 eggs at room temperature (this is important, cold eggs harden the butter)
- 2 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 ounces butter (softened)
I use an 8″ cast iron pan on 350 degree oven. Grease pan pan liberally with bacon grease. Mix dry ingredients together. In separate bowl mix butter and cream cheese until creamy. Combine all ingredients together, mix well and pour into greased cast iron skillet*. Mixture will be a bit on the thick side. Cook for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!!
*I put a lot of bacon grease in the pan and stick it in the oven while I mix the ingredients together. When I pour the mix into the pan, I can hear it sizzle and the bacon grease pushes up the sides of the pan.